PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
It's Drewker or Drooker, but personally I'd soften the 'k' sound a little. Similar to how you'd pronounce the 'ch' in Glenfiddich.
Maybe that's just the accent coming through though!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The English are determined about pronouncing French words with English phonetics, I think perhaps dating back to historical rivalries. The correct French pronunciation I will have to leave to French speakers, since my years of taking and auditing classes and playing tapes and CD's never really took. The U.S. has its own way with pronunciation, like calling Cairo, Illinois Karo like the corn syrup.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Thanks Fellas!............ I still don't have a F&#$king clue............ I just love the stuff though....... Been burning through a lot of the Trafalger and Blairgowrie.......... Great blends............ Thank you GLP!......... :worship:

hqdefault.jpg
Sadly, I think that we are dealing with children that have never seen Green Acres growing up. That is hilarious, Woods!
I made a Johnny Carson joke to a group of men at the Lounge the other day, and all I got were blank stares. Some had never even heard of Johnny Carson.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Sadly, I think that we are dealing with children that have never seen Green Acres growing up. That is hilarious, Woods!
I made a Johnny Carson joke to a group of men at the Lounge the other day, and all I got were blank stares. Some had never even heard of Johnny Carson.

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.

Johnny Carson

Status
Not open for further replies.