PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Here are a few links...I ended up buying the 2" x 2" soft pad multi-pack. I don't recall whether I purchased from this site or not though.

Micro-mesh pads

Grit comparison

General Info

As far as which grits to buy...it depends on the finish you want. I generally start with 1800, but have used the 1500 several times. I usually don't go higher than 4000, but have a few times to get a really nice finish.
Some type of wax (pledge, carnauba, etc) is still needed to get a high-gloss finish.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
If you want nice clean stems,and you are someone with a good sized pipe collection, invest in a buffer. Its the best pipe accessory I've ever purchased.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Hey guys try Miracle Cloth - you can get them pretty cheap on ebay - the seller does a great job getting them out to you. They have 100% coconut oil in the cloth which is non toxic. I usually go through 1 a month - but I have beautiful shiny pipes and stems.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
I haven't had a lot of success removing oxidation using a buffer, but it is great to have for a final polish and applying carnauba wax.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have a large collection and have to agree that a buffer is the best way to go. Compounds are available from J.H. Lowe. Owned by Tim West at reasonable prices. http://www.jhlowe.com/

Uncle Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.