Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
Title edited for caps, length and sense.

Well I was watching this beautiful Castello for days then zoned out on a long interstate drive and alas she is gone...my heart weeps lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220321-213030_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220321-213030_eBay.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dunnyboy

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
On must have pipes I usually program a snipe bid right away in case I forget which I often do. That is a really nice piece from a popular series. I wouldn’t be surprised if the winning bidder’s max was much higher.

Last edited:

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
When you only buy commissions, you never have to worry about coping

When you only buy commissions, you never have to worry about coping.
Been meaning to explore into that world. How much are we talking for a good commissioned pipe in classical shapes? Recommend any makers you've had personal experience with?

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I second the commission option if you want anything that you have FOMO over. A commission can be obtained in any reasonable pricerange if you look hard enough. I have a commissioned Meerschaum which set be back not more than a pipe of that size would have costed me when I picked it off the shelve. And 2 briar commissions on the way one which set me back in the higher Peterson price range and one in the lower castello / higher radice price range. So it's doable, look at social media as a lot of carvers don't even bother with having a website when a lot of business can be done via social channels.

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
practice contentment. Be happy with the pipes you have. Or in other words go smoke one of your pipes.
For a young newbie I have some exquisite antique meers and new production meers but I always feel I'm lacking in briars. Well good briars that is. I did just slake my thirst for a Castello tonight though. I bought a boxwood stemmed one from smoking pipes in searock finish. Should have probably got an antiquari but there's always next time

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Long cut wintergreen. Haha, I just got done reading some of that tobacco smoking question thread and saw Embers Kodiak can, I though this was a thread about how you take your Copenhagen. But I guess the same thing would be true if I lost a bid… long cut wintergreen is still my answer, I just can’t “cope” without it.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
For a young newbie I have some exquisite antique meers and new production meers but I always feel I'm lacking in briars. Well good briars that is. I did just slake my thirst for a Castello tonight though. I bought a boxwood stemmed one from smoking pipes in searock finish. Should have probably got an antiquari but there's always next time
Ah, looks like you're already been infected by the dreaded PAD bug :eek:
Unlike COVID, there is no available vaccine.
Or known cure :cry:

Reactions: Sharp_tungsten