PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Shanez, you are showing your age! I was going to use the word angry, but that cartoon was the first thing that came to mind. Lol

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I clench, but it's mostly in and out. Half and half. If I leave it in for more than a few minutes, too much drool. The softee bits don't make me drool more, but it definitely makes me lose the drool down the bit.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I drool a lot, so much that I have to dissasemble the pipe mid smoke and blow out excess saliva from the stem, usually twice per smoke, or else it gurgles in there.

holstein

Lurker
Dec 20, 2009
If i can't clench a pipe comfortably then I'm not interested in it. If I'm smoking I'm clenching the pipe :puffpipe:

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I used to have some moisture problems early on, but that's because I clenched the bit in my molars. Today, I'm of the same school as Embers in that I hang the pipe in the front of my mouth, just using my upper front teeth to keep the pipe from slipping.
Russ

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'll clench a jaw-hanger (just an Oom Paul or FULL-by-Gawd bent type) with solid lucite for the button, or else a really light straight like my Brebbia Lido Dublin with a slender bit. [Acrylic teeth, dontchaknow. Screw drooly. :)]
Anything else? Holmesian or philosophic poses, firmly in left hand....
B

smokecloud84

Lurker
Jun 27, 2019
Left side of mouth with front teeth, actually I don't even bite down just put the lip of the pipe behind the front teeth and keep mouth closed and pipe just hangs in place.

laniromee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2018
I bite the flat part of a saddle stem and use the button as a hook behind the teeth. That's why I don't clench tapered stems as they don't feel comfortable to my style of clenching.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
:mrgreen:

molach95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2017
With most of my pipes I can hook my teeth onto part of the stem and dangle it, so I tend not to clench very much at all

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I changed my yard work pipe from my Comoys with the rubber bit to a meer with acrylic stem and no bit. It helped reduce the drooling quite a bit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wisest to clench light weight pipes, which are often small pipes, which are best if bent pipes. This will go easy on your teeth, dental work, and jaw. Oom-Paul's, if not heavy, are especially good for not leveraging at your teeth. brad's just going easy on us and not showing us the pipe he clenches made out of a 1950's pickup truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.