How Do You Change Your Display/User Name?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I can't seem to figure this out. I click on my user name on a post, which takes me to my profile and then click on the edit tab, which gives me the page with my info, but it won't let me change my user name. Any suggestions?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I believe you have to request a username change through one of the moderators.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It has to be done by someone with administration priviliges. I want my name changed to Comrade

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Click on your Avatar name to get to the Profile page.

In the upper right hand corner, click on the "Edit" button.

This will bring you to the page displayed below.

The problem: the drop-down box circled below doesn't allow manually typed-in entries,

but it does allow anything you had previously used as Firstname or Lastname.

So, temporarily change your Firstname to your desired new Displayname,

Select that new Displayname which will now appear in the drop-down box,

then go back and restore your original Firstname. Save with the UpdateProfile button at bottom right of this page.

editprofilepage-600x463.jpg

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
@Woodsroad thanks I went with comrade Stalin for the best of both worlds, I was just going to do comrade, but that was a great idea.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
On a similar subject. I uploaded a new profile image, even deleting the one showing and it still stays the same. It's not a big deal, I just went through all my SM sites, updating my image. It's been the same for three years.
Craig

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well, it's done! Thanks to Cortez who posted the secret code for doing this, I've managed to change my display/user name. Wasn't all that hard, once you have the instructions.

So it's goodbye agnosticpipe, and greetings from Orley... :clap:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Always happy to add to the confusion around here.

Being from Chicago, I see it as my duty not to create disorder, but to preserve "Dis order".

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I went with comrade Stalin for the best of both worlds, I was just going to do comrade, but that was a great idea.
Well, so much for me addressing any of your posts. No way one earth I'll ever address to 'comrade', much less 'comrade Stalin'! Sorry, but I absolutely hate and despise that freaking son of a bitch. I much preferred your previous username. :wink:
By the way, good info Cortez as with most forum sites you cannot change your username except through a moderator. My name is Phil so I think I'll stick with it as it seems to have stuck with me after 67+ years. lol But, who knows as I might change it to phil68 in four months. Nah... forget it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I went with comrade Stalin for the best of both worlds, I was just going to do comrade, but that was a great idea.
For a mass murderer, he did at least leave behind some good quotes:
"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

-- Joseph Stalin

Status
Not open for further replies.