How Do You Access Your PMs? (I looked, I tried, I failed)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
I'm sure this must be simple, but how to I see my PMs? Is there supposed to be some notification when a new one comes in? I went to my profile and my inbox is empty, but I know that is not right.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
pm-scrn-prnt.jpg

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Been a member since 2013 and I've gotten my share of PM's, but not ONCE have I ever received an email notification!

What's up with that? That, and aside from the fact that my profile states that my last activity was over a year ago and that my total time online is MINUS 10853 hours! Seems as though I'm going back in time but... I don't feel any younger damn it!!

Check your trash or spam folder. Sometimes your email server will automatically send notifications to spam if it is from a company that you've never responded to. If you find a notification in either of those, move the email to your inbox and open it and send a reply. Just a blank email will do, and your server will start keeping it in the inbox.

Also double check the email address that you used to set up your account here. If you didn't use your current email address, you can change it under your profile settings.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Checked all of the above a long time ago Cosmic, and I've had the same email address for 16 years.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Phil, click Home on the left top. After the page loads click on My Account, Settings, Notifications and check if it says Yes in front of A member sends you a new message.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
^^ That's all been checked on YES from the first day I became a member, and still is.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Further places to check:
(1) Make sure you do not have a mail filter in place
(2) Check with your ISP to see if they're doing upstream filtering

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I know how to check my PM's. The issue is never receiving any email notifications when I receive one.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Phil-
Go in and uncheck the box, sign off, then back in to re-check it. Sometimes a toggle is worth a shot. Also, double check that the email entered doesn't have a preceding or trailing space.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Wow, phil67 seems to have an anomaly of a profile. It seriously says that he hasn't been active despite showing all of his activity, and the negative massive amount of time online is really odd. That might require some intervention.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's not uncommon:
My stats are, at precisely 9:16:34 AM PST on Monday, October 17, 2016

Last Activity

1 year, 2 months ago (offline)

Total Time Online

-10869 hours
So I have become a lot younger since posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.