How Do I Get My Bowl to Shine Like Glass?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Easier yet, I no longer really care that much about how 'shiny' my pipes are. I kinda like the patina of a well used pipe. I have the proper machinery, buffing wheels, carnauba wax, etc. to make them look like glass, but I rarely, if ever, take the time to bother with it anymore.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I just rub mine on my face. Seems to do the trick. Only natural oils for my pipes. :rofl:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I only use nose oil on the ferrules of my fishing rods (old trick my grandfather thought me when I was a child) and on the stem of my pipes at times. Other than that, I've come to like my pipes, and or accept therm to become au naturale. Granted, when they become somewhat dull you can take the time and expense to buff them up with wax to make them shine again, but then you become a slave to doing so. I try to keep it simple after all these years, but that's JMHO. :wink:

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
i talked with an old codger as he smoked his 40yr old pipe - not a high gloss on it anywhere & i envied him ! - that pipe looked well smoked & the cake was more than 1/4" thick so the bowl now took 1/2 the tobac it did when new & the markings as to who made it where long ago worn out.
for a simple shine drop into an eyeglass outlet & buy ( ask for one as you lost yours ) one of their cloths for cleaning lenses - after each smoke buff the pipe well gives a nice low shine

forget the gloss - 40 years from now you will be a happy camper / smoker. - unless " independance day" comes sooner - ( movie title ) or a comet collides with earth - then we are toast anyways - ask the dinosaurs.
regards to all - happy smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.