PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Most of my blends are ready to smoke but if it's too moist I put a couple of bowls worth in a tin and put it under a lamp for as long as it takes. Usually just a few minutes does the job.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I set mine on a piece of paper, like thick sketch pad paper, and put it under a lamp for a while...till it’s right. Very few blends I dry anymore, unless it’s brand new, fresh out of the tin and soaked like some SGs.

westworld85

Lurker
Mar 20, 2020
I have always just struggled through it. Unfortunately my tobacco usually goes dry before I can get through it.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I like to dry tobacco under my small desk lamp in the office. Move it around a bit to evenly dry and when it feels right pack it up and smoke, time depends on the blend, some aros never fully dry out properly.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Air dry works best for me. If you live in a very humid location you can either move or find a mild heat source to help dry it out. I’m not a fan of nuking as I experience a “cooked” flavor to nuked tobaccos.
I never dried tobacco in a microwave. I never even thought of it. To me tobacco is a precious organic product and doesn't belong in the same sentence as microwave energy. They are totally dissimilar.

Air-drying worked just fine for me.

Nice to get the support, above, for my view.

Reactions: sablebrush52

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Air dry works best for me. It’s a good way to monitor the amount and duration. I only dry a few ounces at a time, or whatever I plan to smoke right away. Depending on humidity and “wetness”, 1-2 hrs usually gets the job done...