PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

elnoblecigarro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2020
For those of us that are exiled (self or otherwise) to smoke outside, how clod is too cold? I'm good down to about 45F (7C) if the wind is not blowing. If the wind picks up, it's anybody's guess at that point.
About the same as you. Below that it's not just enjoyable for me. I'm currently on my yearly "winter break". I'll pick up my pipes again next spring. At least it's something to look forward to...

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
About this time I smoke in the garage, so it’s quite cold but never windy. I put the meers away, and, just to be safe, most anything expensive with a mortise and tenon.

Army mounts and spigots don’t need an exact fit, so I don’t even notice expansion or contraction.

The cold certainly cuts down on the time I want to spend smoking though. Not as relaxing.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
I'm up in canada, so most of what y'all saying is not even considered cold in winter time haha. That being said I have migrated to the warmest part of canada(vancouver area) where it doesnt get below 0°(32f) very often. Right now it's 6°c(43f) which around the average temp this time of year and definitely not cold haha. I grew up in a much colder place(down to -30/40) but didn't smoke a pipe back then. I have visited family and smoked outside in -17(0f) or so. Not too bad, short bowls of black xx, but I much prefer where I live now and am jealous of you southerners sometimes and your definition of cold haha.