How Can I Re-Hydrate or Moisten Dry Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Love:
No offense meant and, Lord knows, I certainly wasn't calling you out.
I'm just no fan of spraying water directly onto tobacco.
But I'm hoss enough to defer to your arid, high altitude experiences. My touchstone here is the high prairie of NE Kansas vs. the Hindu Kush.
I don't know what you were doing all those years spent here and there, but I've got a hunch they were years spent in the service of our country. And for that, I thank you, Love.
Fnord

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Fnord. Non taken what's so ever I love all you guys. And I'm not done yet still a lot of work to be done :)

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
OK fellows... reporting back, I appreciate all the interest and help in this. I have used 2 sugesttions to re-hydrate my baccy.
I 1st used what seemed to be to most expressed option which was to soak a paper towel in distilled water and I placed that on the rim of my mason jar and clasped the lid closed. After the first day I checked and there was little difference, so I did it again (real dry stuff here.) After the 2nd attempt, some difference, but not much. On the third attempt, I place a wet towel inside the jar on the tobacco and the one on the lid.
After the third attempt, it occurred to me, that the A/C in the house is doing a good job of pulling humidity out of the air and also my paper towel. Even though the towels are in the jar, I wondered if this was drawing the moister out of the towel, so I started again, and this time put the jars on the porch in the Florida humidity.
Yea - better results, but still a tad dry. I then went to "Love the Briar's" idea (1st reply to this post) and again used the towel in the lid - BINGO!!! I now have life in the baccy!!
Again, folks thanks for your help.

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
Open any tin of the notoriously wet matured, sliced tobbaccos and put it in the bag with the dried out tobacco. When the one is dry enough to smoke, they other will be moist enough to also smoke.

anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.