PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
The first tobacco I purchased back the early 90s was a house blend from Tobacco World in Spokane, Washington. It was an aromatic that they called Nut ‘n Honey. It was a chunky ribbon cut that smelled more like sweet nut than a combination of nut and honey.

Last summer, I stopped by the store to buy another ounce and found that they were permanently out of stock. When I inquired about it, the clerk told me it had been a McClelland blend.

I’ve looked through all the McClelland aromatic blends on tobacco reviews and can’t find anything that matches. Maybe it was a combination of bulk blends? Maybe he had the wrong manufacturer in mind?

To me, it looks more like Lane’s RLP-6 but smells nothing like it.

I’d appreciate any ideas you might have as to what this blend really was. I’m including a picture of the blend for reference. Thanks!IMG_8084.jpeg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Call Doug Topp (the owner) and he will probably tell you exactly what it was and maybe his approximation of it. I know the young guy who usually works there and he’s knowledgeable and straightforward so I’d believe him. It’s probably not possible to match an old McClellands blend perfectly but Doug has blended some great similar discontinued blends IMO.

Reactions: litup