PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi, so many questions!! Haha!

How do you gentlemen pocket or store a half smoked bowl if you are on the move? Especially if It's still hot/warm?

Thanks,

Tony
the rare times I do that I put a cap on it (one of those wind caps) and just put it in my pocket. The thing is the outside of the pipe will be slightly warm and that's it. See the thing is when it gets hot just leave it alone for a few minutes or moments (which ever leads to a cooler pipe to touch), so to my mind the pipe shouldn't be hot.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
They were a lot better prior to Nestlé's acquisition of them in 2002. Chef America used real ingredients and shortly after taking over, Nestlé replaced much of them with artificial ones and raised the prices. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.
One of my favorite things written on a junk food box was this big yellow bubble on a hot pockets package that said "now with 50% more REAL cheese". Though not as good as the stickers I put over the spot on the cereal box where they advertise the "prize". By the way the sticker said something like "this package contains the dead tortured body of a small flightless bird" (it was a PETA thing, but I improved it).

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
They were a lot better prior to Nestlé's acquisition of them in 2002. Chef America used real ingredients and shortly after taking over, Nestlé replaced much of them with artificial ones and raised the prices. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.
They also ruined their chocolate by omitting cocoa butter. Happily they sold the US rights to Ferrara and I can attest, the 100 grand, Crunch, and Butterfinger are all returned to their former glory. And yes; they have returned to using cocoa butter in their candies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
If I have lit pipe I smoke it. If going inside a store I simply place it in the cup holder wherein I have a silicone liner. Haven't had an issue or car fire yet ... alhtough I noticed Virginias take longer to go out resulting in a shorter smoke upon relighting.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
A half smoked bowl tends to just stay in the pipe. It’s not just coming out with gravity. So, I too just stick mine in a shirt pocket, pants pocket, or a pipe bag, if I have one on hand. But, shirt pocket is 90% of what I have easily available.
Yep. That's why when I prepack a bowl or two for when I'm out and about, I light it up before putting in a pocket because that way the tobacco stays in the bowl.

@Old_Woodsman when I've got a half smoked bowl, I hold the pipe upside-down so any loose ash can fall out, then I just stick it in my shirt pocket.