PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewknick

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
Is there a way to make a nice looking pipe rack when having limited access to tools? I basically only have a hammer, pliers, and screwdrivers.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
You might want to check out thrift stores...sometimes they have furniture made for other uses, that can be easily turned into pipe furniture...just have to be creative

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
This one is Homemade mate, requires a hammer, thumbtacks, elastic fabric, saw.
rack.jpg

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
you can alos go to the hobby store and get a couple of shadow boxes and a few dowels and make a nice rack that keeps the pipes dust free...
P1030042.jpg

P1030027.jpg

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I think the whole kit a kaboodle cost me like $20, made them years ago, just a couple of shaodw boxes a few dowels, felt, some stain, and a few small finishing nails, and about two hours. the hardest part was finding the way i want the pipes to sit in the box.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I made one over the Christmas break with my grandson out of some left over wood pieces. I do have a dremel he used to route out the holes for the pipe stems. But it was a fun little project
rack6-448x600.jpg

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Remeber it takes way more time, but if you go to a box improvement store with your measurments they will cut the wood you buy to whatever you want. Take home and assemble.

drewknick

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
Mick,

that is what gave me the question. That is such a nice pipe rack I wanted to make one myself, but I don't have the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.