PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
IMG_9407.jpg

You may have seen record bowls before. They are very easy to make and are a good cheap way to make a pipe rack that requires no tools that you wouldn't have in your basic kitchen. All you need is a cookie sheet, wax paper, a large bowl, and an oven.
Preheat the oven to 170-200 degrees and put wax paper on a cookie sheet. Then place a record on the wax paper and put it in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Check on the record frequently and when you notice it bends with ease then pull it out and push and shape the record into a bowl of your choosing. The record will cool very quickly so work fast. Hope you guys enjoy this tidbit.
IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9406.jpg

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
I have a record bowl like that my brother bought me a few years ago from a thrift store. i would have never thought to put my pipes in it, great idea!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
What's a record?
Kidding. My daughter asked me what one was once and if they worked like CDs! :eek:
I wonder if those tortilla-bowl makers they advertize on TV would work on records as a mold.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Anything would works as long as it is big enough. When you push the record into a large round bowl it naturally bends like the one in the picture. You can always work it with your hands a bit as the vinyl doesn't get that hot.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very cool...just be careful not to scratch it...might not play right again. :lol:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
LMAO...
Very cool and thanks, Cajun, for the idea about the wine corks. My local B&M charges 3.49 for theirs and the Fnords always have a few corks laying around after a weekend when the family and friends are in.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hey, my wife has a whole set of Elvis Presley LP's that would make cool racks!.....a good way for me to get tossed out!

Neat idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.