Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I believe Favor is very similar to Briar Pipe Wipe. Spray it on a Handi Wipe or a cloth diaper or such. Let set overnight and you have a nice pipe cloth. Keep it in a Zip Lock and you're good to go. Favor is similar Pledge w/o them lemon scent.
Mike S.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Actually Mike, I use Pledge and it doesn't actually leave behind a scent or flavor-use it on the bowls and stems.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Human Feces works, but leaves a gritty film. Most of the time I just use a Smidge of Olive Oil.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Nose grease is so easy and always available. Just swipe the bowl over over the side of your nose, wipe the bowl with a soft, lint free cloth (handkerchief) and you're good to go. Not as good a shell as pure bee's but, good enough in most circumstances.
I used Briar Pipe Wipe when I could get it locally. Good stuff I thought.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
COPY
zNFYYzh.jpg

PASTE
mlQv0Dk.jpg

And
You get the interwebs "I Looked It Up" award.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
By the way, you replaced American Society for Microbiology with American Medical Association. For that you get "International Fraudulence Award".

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
T'would appear coyote has gone the way of his galleon...to the bottom of the deep blue sea!
If that means I now stop getting unsolicited foul mouthed (and downright vulgar) PMs then no tears shed this end.
The guy obviously needs help, I genuinely hope he seeks it out now he has time on his hands.
Regards,
Jay.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
Jay, In an effort to rescue this thread a bit let me say that:
If Coyote left the forum, then even though I know some liked him and no offense intended, but I say good riddance to him and I cannot say I'm really surprised. I caught him in a bold faced lie on another thread and rather than simply own up to it, all he did is attack me and another member here with more absurd accusations.
That said (here is the relevant part), and ignoring all of the disgusting bodily fluids so far, has anyone ever tried just treating their briar with Liquid Gold? I've used it for years and think the stuff is great. It imparts oils back into the wood and leaves the wood healthy, refreshed and vibrant, with no need to wax. I like a natural finish and do not care for glossy pipes sealed in wax. Liquid Gold leaves a rich, deep luster that enhances the grain of the wood. Naturally. I like a natural wood. And the stuff smells great.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
TMB thanks for the explanation of his demise.
All I can say is he dug his own hole then stepped into it or so it seems. All his posts have mysteriously disappeared!
Yes he had his 'fanclub' but I'll bet they were never on the receiving end of his foul mouthed PMs. You disagreed with him at your peril! He certainly has issues way beyond the help of anyone on this forum.
Back on topic, I like to buff my pipes once in a while with pure carnauba wax on the wheel. For those without a wheel there are many off the shelf products available but of course, as has been said here, nose oil is free and (generally) available :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.