PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
This is one of the more insane things I've seen.

Ridculous Parents

I mean, I'm all for personal freedom, and choice, and I couldn't care less about what gender the kid actually is, but these parents just seem to be trying too hard.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Blame those wack-job people's "outlook" on John Money.
John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955. Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word "gender" to refer to anything but grammatical categories.

Wikipedia

PeriqueMyInterest

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I'm not so sure if the previous children, when still in the womb, chose to have either a penis or a vagina. I am positive however, that those parents belong to the more stupid portion of the pretentious, dim-witted, causeless rebels this world is all too full of. :puffpipe:

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Oh please...I can understand (to a degree) different outlooks on parenting and teaching a child to be who they want to be, but that's just nuts...
*pulls out a ball bat* Can I whack 'em now or y'all gonna make me wait till their kid figures out who they are?

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
..That doesn't impart the freedom to choose at all x_x Kid isn't old enough to realise that there is any choice, or even what "boys and girls" are. They're just being vaguley political to make a vaguley political point. It's just not necessary. Kid probably isn't going to be in a position to properly choose until he/she is into their teens.
And just...how does it impart the freedom for the kid to choose? I don't understand it. He or she is going to know wether or not they're a genetic he or she regardless of how they feel inside. And the grandparents/friends/blah are going to find out soon enough anyway. Rawwwwr, bulls**t pseudo-philosophy like this makes me angry ¬¬

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Well gentlemen, I know we have a no politics rule here, but dont you just love liberal guilt?

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
As much as I dislike the idea, I do find it to be an interesting social experiment. One that I would never try at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.