homescreen, and
5908380318_5694b46d40_b.jpg

lockscreen.
Thought I'd share them. :)

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Super cool! I've been meaning to pull the trigger on an iPad, but they're still mostly out of stock here still, hopefully I get the third incarnation.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
That's a great photo! I'm going to have to log in to my iPad (normally this site is only used on my netbook) and save it. :D I'm using Ruby - the CGI babe and icon of ATI:

5224485914_9712e98024_z.jpg

Taking a tangent, I'm normally very anti-Apple (due to their EULA and TOS, mainly. They've turned into the company they said they weren't in the famous 1984 commercial) but I love my iPad with all my heart. I mainly use it for the Kobo eBook app and for a short period of time I was addicted to Angry Birds. Apple has a superior screen and battery, but the rest of my mobile devices are Android and they're much more functional for actual stuff that needs to be done. I can't wait to see how the other tablets that are coming out work, especially the new Honeycomb OS. I really like the cross platform apps like Evernote and Kobo because they update the other devices that use them instantaneously. If I'm reading a book in Kobo and bookmark it on my iPad, then it bookmarks it on my phone, on my Literati (the Sharper Image e-reader), and my netbook. iPad even has an app called Pipe Tool that documents your entire tobacco cellar, how long you've had it, etc... that is pretty as well as functional. All the Android apps are anti-smoking or weed related. :| If anyone knows the guy that makes the Pipe Tool app, tell him to get busy and make it Android compatible. :D

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I also wasn't sure I'd find much use for the iPad but then I got one anyway and it is the only "computer" I use at home now. It is just so very convenient and versatile. I love the iBook app and the garage band app (I dabble in guitar/bass playing) and web browsing is pretty good. Another really great app is the Flipbook one.
I just recently re-discovered comics. I've been reading the golden age ones on the iPad - like Mandrake the magician and The Phantom from the 40s. I never realized how much pipe smoking there is in them. :lol:

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Here is a briarwood iPad home screen. I was going to do some editing on it but the wood itself looks really nice:
6024150277_00b891dc3c_b.jpg

And here is a matching lockscreen (a pipe making one):
6024699528_bf1653f4c2_b.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My fiance has a book that compiles all the Stand magazine releases with illustrations and that one looked familiar a little. It's uncanny how similar Jeremy Brett looks to the illustrations of Holmes and Jude Law to Watson's illustrations.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Sweet! I wish I had an Ipad I could use these on though. I just can't justify buying one when I have an Iphone as they are basically big versions of the Iphone but no phone part.

Status
Not open for further replies.