PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
What is your favorite holiday combination, drink/smoke? This is my first holiday season as a pipe smoker, right now very much enjoying a cob of Easy Times by C&D and rum/egg nog.

dcicero

Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Some Christmas Cheer in that new Pete that I got sounds good right now. As for a pairing drink, some hot tea is always welcome.
I'll never know how good that sounds. Wish I would've been around while Mc was. I have found C&D to have a ton for my taste though. Enjoy and happy holidays!

Reactions: rogers

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
What is your favorite holiday combination, drink/smoke? This is my first holiday season as a pipe smoker, right now very much enjoying a cob of Easy Times by C&D and rum/egg nog.
I've been in the mood for enhanced egg nog lately as well... However I was avoiding it while smoking because I was afraid it would impact my ability to taste the tobacco. You've motivated me to give it a try with some Quiet Nights this evening.

dcicero

Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
I've been in the mood for enhanced egg nog lately as well... However I was avoiding it while smoking because I was afraid it would impact my ability to taste the tobacco. You've motivated me to give it a try with some Quiet Nights this evening.
Good luck. I found it to do two things. First the cream coats the mouth and I think keeps it cooler longer, and second yes it impacts the tobacco flavor, but I think only at the first draws after a drink. At least that's what I found. Overall, I'd do it again. Easy Times paired well. Tmrw I may try Stokkes Proper English to kick the nog in the a**.

nunnster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2019
Currently I am enjoying a nice vanilla flake with a glass of apple pie rum that seems to be going together quite well

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The more complex and/or nuanced a blend, the simpler the drink I want, like ice water for really high grade blends. With codger blends, it's pleasing to have hot or iced tea, carefully considered wine, a beer, a soda, or coffee, though I tend to enjoy coffee for itself and less as a pairing. Bourbon is nice with a strong but not complex blend, to me.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, still holds up I think even today.

That it does.

fNh3DK0.gif

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ha! This gave me a good laugh this morning. Did you know to shoot this, a guy stood behind DB arms extended doing this without looking?
Yep, Michael Moschen. Knew of his work before Labyrinth and also the reason I took up contact juggling.?

Status
Not open for further replies.