PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I was wondering if you smoked more or less during the holidays?
In my family (Myself, Sister, Brother in Law, Mom and Dad) only myself and Brother in Law smoke pipe (or smoke at all), but last year for Christmas I got a new pipe and we both got baccy in our stockings. I was able to do alot of smoking over the holidays, and the whole crew of 5 actually sat out and all smoked some Christmas evening! It was very fun.
This year however, We've added the 2 week old son of Sister and Brother in Law. This means I won't get to smoke nearly as much as doing so means secluding myself off from the rest of the family.
How about you?

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I tend to smoke more during the holiday season, as I find myself spending less time at work. I look at my trips to the patio (or, if the event is at my house, down to my garage) as a respite; as the only smoker left in my family, it is a great way to escape for a few minutes of peace. :P

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
In the past I didn't work over the holidays so I found I tended to smoke more. Now that I'm at Walmart we work every holiday except Christmas so it doesn't make much difference.
Smokey

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I'm planning on a special Thanksgiving bowl at some point tomorrow and am home with my kids on Friday, probably hit a couple of cigars. For me, as a primarily weekend smoker, holidays are great for getting in extra pipe time. I'm already thinking about blends for Christmas eve, Christmas day and New Year's day!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
My first bowl tomorrow will be smoked as I wait near the turn to watch my two youngest daughters run by in the "Turkey Trot" (the foot race that precedes the parade here in Detroit). It is supposed to be pleasant, so smoking out on the porch or outside sounds like a fine way to stay out of the way before our guests arrive. After dinner my buddy who will be dining with us will join me outside for a holiday cigar. I have an AF 858 for the occasion. (I remember when those were $2, not $6.50.)

Status
Not open for further replies.