PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Having been born and raised on the Jersey Shore I would be remiss if I didn't mention Laird's AppleJack, the distillery being maybe 10 miles from my home. Makes a helluva good hot cider. Homemade eggnog, with plenty of bourbon, isn't far behind.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Just got back from the liquor store. The haul is as follows:

Talisker

Laphroaig Quarter Cask

Warres LBV Port

Dow Crusted Port

Grahams Vintage Port (2000)-It had been misplaced in the back room. Huzzah!!!

Lustau East India Solera Sherry

Bombay Sapphire
And for something light, Sam Smiths Old Brewery Pale Ale and Belhaven Wee Heavy.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
I drink Teacher's all year but like to buy 5 or 6 Single Malts for the holidays usually a Bowmore, Glenrothes, Bruichladdich , Old Pulteney, Oban and maybe a Glenmorangie.
Ah yes, Jameson. Delicious stuff. I actually slightly prefer Bushmills, but have a sentimental attachment to Jamesons
I prefer Powers but can't seem to find it anywhere.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Nothing yearly for us. Just whatever nice libations we have on hand and sample a couple of new craft beers. For new beers this year we have firestone walker Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout, and Founders Breakfast stout. For the scotch tomorrow night we'll be drinking Macallen 18. Friday/saturday we will probably be drinking Ardbeg Uigeadail and Cao Isla 12.

B

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
One of the great's for the Holiday Season, especially when it is cold is a German coffee drink I love called Rüdesheimer Kaffee, you take Asbach Uralt (A German Style Brandy) pour a shot into a coffee cup with a sugar cupe light and let the cup warm, then add hot coffee and enjoy. You can get Asbach Uralt at most ABC stores now a days.

Anyone game enough to try let me know how you like it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Yuri

kabbuse

Lurker
Nov 24, 2013
I prefer to drink eggnog or evan williams apple cider and any new holiday beers i come across
Pruss I came across this recipe in one of my cook books for Irish cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk

3 eggs

1 1/2 tbl chocolate syrup

1/2 tsp coconut flavoring

12 oz container Half%Half

1 cup whiskey or brandy

Put in blender and blend for 30 seconds

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
At this time of year, I usually buy a bottle of Bushmills or Jamesons. It can last well past Christmas, as I don't drink that often. But I like straight up Irish Whiskey in a small glass. I don't drink alcohol while smoking, and only do so late at night.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Here's my list filled yesterday:

Wild Turkey 101

Amaretto

Vodka

Kahlua

Courvoisier

Putting a couple of bottles of last year's Christmas Mead (Hibiscus) in the fridge.

drunk4zc.gif

:puffy:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I generally stay stocked with my usuals: Crown Royal, Grey Goose Vodka and Appleton Estates Rum.
My mother sent me a few bottles of wine from her local vineyards, Kickapoo Creek Winery, and I look forward to trying this with turkey and all the accoutrements this year!
Happy Sippin'

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I generally stay stocked with my usuals: Crown Royal, Grey Goose Vodka and Appleton Estates Rum.
I absolutely love appleton rum. IMO it's one of the smoothest and better tasting rums out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.