PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.

I may never reach your country for a visit at this point, but I sure do enjoy my Swiss K-31 and M-96/11. They are the crown jewels of my surplus rifle collection.

Welcome to the forum!

1636418431631.jpeg

Reactions: PipeyPiper

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Welcome from California. In which part of Switzerland are you? If close to Synjeco in Brissago you are very lucky.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
I have to drive to Germany to pick up my Amazon packages so it always seems to be a give and take. Lol

1487737842-Casablanca-Quote.jpg

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
G'Day and Welcome / Lá maith agus Fáilte / Bom Dia e Bem Vindo from Brazil

I spent quite a lot of time working in Horgan, Winterthur and Lugano in the early 2000s (quite often working in Horgen and Lugano at the same time - well same week, not same day :ROFLMAO: - although there was a memorable week where Mo, We, Fr were spent in Lugano and Tu and Th in Horgen... ...fortunately the trains were good!)

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Why fear of customs? how is the situation with you?

View attachment 107944

It's a lottery.

Since Brexit, they are really hard on shipments from the UK. I even had one declared as gift with no mentioning of tobacco (just "tins") from a trade with a UK smoker being returned to sender.

Commercial tobacco shipments are often being seized or heavily taxed, the old rule that shipments up to 22 euros (2 or 3 2oz tins from smokingpipes) went through is no longer applicable.

Mark 0092

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2021
Zug
It's a lottery.

Since Brexit, they are really hard on shipments from the UK. I even had one declared as gift with no mentioning of tobacco (just "tins") from a trade with a UK smoker being returned to sender.

Commercial tobacco shipments are often being seized or heavily taxed, the old rule that shipments up to 22 euros (2 or 3 2oz tins from smokingpipes) went through is no longer applicable.
then we are still fine ... I think the laws have recently changed or am I wrong? I thought it was easy for you to order online

Icona di Verificata con community

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
The pipe show was wonderful! Lots of folks, great pipes to admire and purchase (I picked up a couple of real beauties), and even some good old aged tobaccos. Weather was perfect, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.