PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I have a Golden Duke that is slightly darker and has a nice nickel band but is otherwise a twin to yours and it is an absolutely fantastic smoker! Great find, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I’ve enjoyed mine! Congratulations.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The pipe is marked Adjustomatic and had a filter inside that was still nearly all white. I believe this one is old enough to draw Medicare, at least.

The Adjustomatic was a great feature. They’d use it today if it didn’t slow down production.

The “pre smoked” aspect was valuable to start these off on break in. Again, the only reason that stopped was it cost money.

I want an old Eldorado or Riviera.

Those were up the ladder from a Golden Duke.

If this thing has any fills I can’t see them.

Just amazing what drug store pipe quality used to be, on certain examples. It smokes as cool and sweet as the best of other Dublins of the same size by any maker.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Those old Grabows are worth their weight in gold. I've got a 1930s patent era Linkman's Dr. Grabow that is a gem.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I guess those Dr. Grabow Golden Dukes were fairly nice pipes. Here's one I had, but sold it some time ago. Nice grain, but had some kind of lacquer finish on it that I didn't like too much and didn't want to spend the time to strip it off. :rolleyes:

fullsizeoutput_2e7f.jpeg

Reactions: Briar Lee

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think I've seen a Dr. Grabow pipe with that level of grain. I love my Dr. G's, but grain is not their best quality.

Reactions: Briar Lee