PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
My only aromatic I smoke is Erinmore Flake,then I do smoke quite regularly St Brunos,Condor Long,and Amphora Brown, brands which I don't consider as being aromatics in the proper meaning of the word,but a lot of folks do.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Are they in the goopy vein, or are they more tobacco forward?
We need a more accurate definition of goopy. If you mean PG soaked and sticky, all of the C&D aros I smoke, lots, are fairly dry. Have a bowl of Granby Station going right now surveying storm damage around my property and it's effortless to keep it burning dry and cool.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I’ve had a lot of trouble accepting aros until lately, so I think embers is right with the experience. My problem was I was hooked on strength and didn’t understand aros. So don’t expect the same impact on your palette that you’ve been getting with your English. That said, I recently found two that I do like, Rattray’s Buckingham Palace and Edward G Robinson. I have some Erinmore I’ve not opened, but suspect that will be a winner too. Also love St Bruno and Condor, but probably agree with the earlier comment that they may not be what

Many expect from an aro.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Butternut Burley is in fact still available...I've got a couple pounds of it as it is a good all day smoke.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I guess more of a lightly-cased tobacco, not the goopy messes that some aromatics can apparently be.
Sutliff Private Stock Molto Dolce is as goopy as it gets, very tasty mind you.
I've never found a Mac Baren blend to be goopy, lots of choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.