PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Searching for “leather pipe roll” on Etsy produces a large number of handcrafted great looking results. Many will also make them custom, to fit whatever you want. I often browse them before remembering that most of my pipe smoking is done whilst sitting on my ass.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
For pipes and accessories Neil Flancbaum's work (Smokin' Holsters) is superb, as is Claudio Albieri's. If you're also interested in a high quality tobacco pouch check out Bob Oswald's work at Whitewood Leather (especially the exotic skins he offers).

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I know that this isn't what you're asking or looking for, but for whatever it's worth:

Although I love the aesthetic of my leather bags, I wanted something non-compressible to protect my pipes when packing them in luggage. I wound up using hard-shell pistol cases (which as you probably know are lined with egg-crate style foam).

Once, I had a large lot of mostly artisan pipes which somebody in Chicago was going to sell for me. I pulled up to his place, and as he walked out the door, I whipped a hard-shelled shotgun case out of my trunk. I think it took him by surprise. In hindsight, I realize that people in Chicago feel differently about shotgun cases being pulled out of trunks than people in the North Woods (where I live) do.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Searching for “leather pipe roll” on Etsy produces a large number of handcrafted great looking results. Many will also make them custom, to fit whatever you want. I often browse them before remembering that most of my pipe smoking is done whilst sitting on my ass.
I got one through Frank at sorringowlandsons on Etsy - it is very high quality, soft leather, "roll up" style.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Casual

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I don't remember the store, but in Europe there is a good variety of leather bags and quite expensive. I think it's a Swiss store.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Lot's of options here, it might help if you describe more what you are looking for, a tobacco pouch, a pipe and tobacco pouch, multiple pipes, loose or tinned tobacco (or both), roll up, or zipper, purpose-built or re-purpose another like a Dopp Kit.

I use a Maxpedition messenger bag to carry my stuff when I travel, it will easily hold 4-6 pipes, multiple tins of tobacco, pipe cleaners, pipe tool, and a pipe lighter.

Reactions: JOHN72

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I know that this isn't what you're asking or looking for, but for whatever it's worth:

Although I love the aesthetic of my leather bags, I wanted something non-compressible to protect my pipes when packing them in luggage. I wound up using hard-shell pistol cases (which as you probably know are lined with egg-crate style foam).

Once, I had a large lot of mostly artisan pipes which somebody in Chicago was going to sell for me. I pulled up to his place, and as he walked out the door, I whipped a hard-shelled shotgun case out of my trunk. I think it took him by surprise. In hindsight, I realize that people in Chicago feel differently about shotgun cases being pulled out of trunks than people in the North Woods (where I live) do.
Pull a violin case and you better duck! :)

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Lot's of options here, it might help if you describe more what you are looking for, a tobacco pouch, a pipe and tobacco pouch, multiple pipes, loose or tinned tobacco (or both), roll up, or zipper, purpose-built or re-purpose another like a Dopp Kit.

I use a Maxpedition messenger bag to carry my stuff when I travel, it will easily hold 4-6 pipes, multiple tins of tobacco, pipe cleaners, pipe tool, and a pipe lighter.
Not looking to travel perse, but I am looking for something nice to carry to the lounge on occasion (pipe club meetings..). One to carry a couple pipes, loose tobacco and some supplies. Not looking for a case large enough for a laptop. I really do appreciate all of your wisdom and suggestions!

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Not looking to travel perse, but I am looking for something nice to carry to the lounge on occasion (pipe club meetings..). One to carry a couple pipes, loose tobacco and some supplies. Not looking for a case large enough for a laptop. I really do appreciate all of your wisdom and suggestions!
More in line with a shoulder bag. Not sure I would like a roll-up.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
001-221-0071.8358.jpg001-221-0071_1.5109.jpg001-221-0071_2.7840.jpg
In SP there is also a good variety

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013

This is one of Claudio Albieri’s. I have one just like it, bought from SP, but in a different color combination. Very light, very elegant, very well made. It, along with one of Neil Flancbaum’s Archer portfolios, are my go-to pipe bags. In each case they have a thin profile which makes carrying them independently, or packing then inside a larger bag or briefcase, a breeze.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Smoking Pipes has pouches available all the way up into the $800 range. Personally, I find that appalling, but to each their own.

If you're looking for a quality two pipe pouch, I've been very happy with this one, which holds two Peterson 150 bulldogs, a zippo, matches, tobacco & other accessories easily.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
I'm in agreement with you. This two pipe pouch might better suit my needs.

View attachment 126485
On a side note...

I had been using a very cheap nylon pipe tobacco combo pouch for almost 7 years now I think. Finally retired it, and bought a nice leather 1pipe combo pouch from Mr brog. Well a year Into using that, the tobacco pouch came loose on the ends and I was getting tobacco all over my pipes. Very annoying. So I pulled out the old nylon one, and noticed that the pipe area was still clean as a whistle. Well out of retirement it came.