PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cersono

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Vallis Lacrimarum
Merhabanız, Oktay bey. Forumuzğa hoş geldiniz. Please look into the forum thread Pesse Canoe? :: Pipe Tobacco Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/pesse-canoe.97261/#post-36842706
We are discussing there three new blends branded Pesse Canoe, produced in Izmir by Gladora Tobacco and believed to be the famous old Tūrk Pipo Tütünü and Yayladağ blends rebranded for the Asian market. In Turkey those new blends are sold as TPT-50 and YD. Many are interested if it's possible to order them from Turkish online tobacco stores. Maybe you could help with some advice.

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolna, U.S. The fez I'm wearing in the photo at the left is one brought me from Istanbul by my well-traveled sister. Welcome aboard.

cersono

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Vallis Lacrimarum
It's one of the things we don't have

Sorry / afederiniz for straying a bit off topic but I feel so sad hearing Americans underappreciating their historical heritage. Having worked in the past in the sphere of culture, history, monuments preservation and museums, I travelled USA extensively, visiting much of its historical monuments in almost every state and in Puerto Rico. Nice guys from the US Government who cooperated with us told us this same thing many times (they probably tell that to all visitors from the Old World), and I hotly debated with them. To apperciate others' heritage you don't need to underappreciate your own - that's what I was telling them emphatically. I doubt however they've changed their mantra :)

Istanbul is a living museum indeed, but the US has no less rich heritage. Some of the Spanish colonial buildings on American shores are just little younger than the Turkish Istanbul. And Indian pueblo cities were contemporary to the Byzantine Constantinople.

Dear fellow pipester anotherbob, don't take this as an attack on what you're saying, my rant is only about those nice guys, whose annoying mantra has been recalled in my memory by your innocent words
🍻

Reactions: UB 40 and trudger