PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I am figuring if you can manage a couple of thousands of pounds of horse, learning how to fold and stuff a flake should prove to be quite simple.

There is a guy named Per something who shows how to smoke a flake as I would imagine you having your hands full while smoking. this would come in quite handy.
I would recommend Capstan Blue Flake or Peterson Flake as both are mild Virginia's with no bite. Good luck in your journey through the pipe world, it is a lot of fun

JojoYoMama

Lurker
Oct 19, 2020
Texas
Welcome from Florida. I am figuring if you can manage a couple of thousands of pounds of horse, learning how to fold and stuff a flake should prove to be quite simple.

There is a guy named Per something who shows how to smoke a flake as I would imagine you having your hands full while smoking. this would come in quite handy.
I would recommend Capstan Blue Flake or Peterson Flake as both are mild Virginia's with no bite. Good luck in your journey through the pipe world, it is a lot of fun
Youtube has helped tremendously lol. I have gotten the packing and tamping down, just still learning how dry to smoke them. The flakes aren't too difficult to manage, especially if I let them dry out a bit, but the plugs and cakes take a little more work. I'm rubbing them out after cutting them with a sharp knife but they seem to be courser by nature so different texture than the flakes.

JojoYoMama

Lurker
Oct 19, 2020
Texas
And its such an "art" compared to smoking cigs. I haven't had a problem with inhaling into my lungs lol but now I am finding that when I smoke cigs I'm holding the smoke instead of deeply inhaling. Probably a good thing hahaha.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.