Hi! Looong time lurker, decided to join :-)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome, puff. Glad you joined up.

Welcome from the UK. I'm brand new to pipe smoking, but if anyone can explain, scientifically, why smoking a pipe has the effect on the smoker that it does, I'd love to hear it.

I think it's all the moving parts involved. The combination of pipes that become familiar friends, favorite tobaccos that we can't wait to smoke each time and the gentle dose of nicotine over an extended period that ties it all together.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
Welcome! Most of us have done the same. Lurked for a while and then joined the crew!

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Like the analogy, it’s interesting to try the wide array of blends available.

Jan 7, 2019
Haven’t checked back in a bit, sorry.
I’m a Tennessee boy of many generations, going back to settlers in the late 1700’s, after the Revolution. Most of my great greats were burley farmers, as it grows really well in Middle TN. I worked burley one summer back in the 80’s - hardest manual labor I’ve ever done. I’m glad I smoke it these days instead of topping, cutting, spiking, turning, loading, hanging... phwew.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I put up hay in a barn one Summer in Illinois; never again, partly cause I am allergic to hay dust, and partly cause it's backbreaking work. And I am no longer 15.
Far, far fewer steps growing and selling hay, corn or beans than in the tobacco trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.