PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Harv

Lurker
Jun 1, 2024
Pattaya, Thailand
Welcome! I hear Colorado's excise tax is pretty high but I'm sure the availability of pipes and tobaccos still beats Thailand (though I'd bet the food is better in the latter)
The worst part about heading back is the price of food. I don't even wanna think about how much it must cost to eat out these days.

Attachments

• IMG_5160.jpeg
    IMG_5160.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5208.jpeg
    IMG_5208.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 10

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The worst part about heading back is the price of food. I don't even wanna think about how much it must cost to eat out these days.
Fast food: ~$5-10
Fast casual: ~$7-13
Casual: ~$15-20
Nice meal: ~$20-30

And I don't live in a swanky city so depending where you land in CO these estimates might be low...

Reactions: Harv

Harv

Lurker
Jun 1, 2024
Pattaya, Thailand
Fast food: ~$5-10
Fast casual: ~$7-13
Casual: ~$15-20
Nice meal: ~$20-30

And I don't live in a swanky city so depending where you land in CO these estimates might be low...
Unfortunately the place I'm going, although supposedly super nice, it's also $2700 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment and buying is just as bad.

Fortunately I got a housing offer from the school I'm going to... but I've been living comfortably off $800 a month the past year and a half now, so it all hurts.

Last edited:

Joe H

Lurker
May 22, 2024
Alaska
At least the mail-order cost of tobacco is still pretty low in the states. I've had a couple of work trips to Thailand and it was an amazing place. Maybe a bit hot from a guy used to colder climates. Welcome to this cool on-line community from Alaska!

Harv

Lurker
Jun 1, 2024
Pattaya, Thailand
At least the mail-order cost of tobacco is still pretty low in the states. I've had a couple of work trips to Thailand and it was an amazing place. Maybe a bit hot from a guy used to colder climates. Welcome to this cool on-line community from Alaska!
Man, I'm originally from New York and miss the fall and winter so much. And man go figure I'm heading back to the state with the highest excise tax in the country, Colorado.

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
Hi all, new member been living in Thailand the past year and a half but headed back to Colorado in about a month. Newish pipe smoker, finally in a position where I can afford to explore the hobby how I wanted to in the past.
Welcome aboard. Lots of good people here and advise. Btw there are some fine artisans in Indonesia as well if you are still in the area. Good luck on your journey

Reactions: Harv