PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

occidentalist

Lurker
Sep 17, 2024
Welcome! What's the Pete that you hate?

Dracula Sandblast x105 fishtail.

I'm 100% confident that the problem is me and not the Peterson. Peterson has been around a LONG time and has a great reputation although I gathered there was a quality issue for a short period. I just need a target for my inexperienced pipe newbie rage when a smoking session doesn't go smoothly. I probably didn't pack the bowl well and am a wet smoker by nature but it seems that this particular Peterson gurgles every damn time and doesn't like to stay lit. I don't have near the amount of issues with any of my other pipes (Sav, Ascorti, cobs, Jobey, Eltang, Stanwell, etc.).

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
Dracula Sandblast x105 fishtail.

I'm 100% confident that the problem is me and not the Peterson. Peterson has been around a LONG time and has a great reputation although I gathered there was a quality issue for a short period. I just need a target for my inexperienced pipe newbie rage when a smoking session doesn't go smoothly. I probably didn't pack the bowl well and am a wet smoker by nature but it seems that this particular Peterson gurgles every damn time and doesn't like to stay lit. I don't have near the amount of issues with any of my other pipes (Sav, Ascorti, cobs, Jobey, Eltang, Stanwell, etc.).
Could be you but don't count the pipe out. Just because they've been around a while doesn't mean thay they don't make mistakes.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
How yous doin?

Been smoking for a few months now. Migrated from cigars.
Trying to develop a taste for virginias (I do like 1Q and Capstan Blue) but compared to my loud and robust beloved latakias it's like listening to music with the volume turned way down.
Welcome to the Forums from Sydney, Oz

Like you, I was smoking cigars exclusively before getting back to pipes.
I fell in love with Latakia and Oriental blends after a mate gifted me generous samples of them.
For a long while I smoked Latakia & Oriental blends pretty much most of the time

Now that my smoking technique has improved, I have discovered an appreciation of the subtler flavours of Virginias and VaPers.
I find now that I reach for these more often than the bolder flavoured Latakia & Oriental blends.

occidentalist

Lurker
Sep 17, 2024
Welcome! I've always wanted to try a ripper. Have to settle for the occasional Taylor Ham sammy.

If you're not from NJ, I bestow upon you foreign dignitary privileges to NJ for your acknowledgement of Taylor Ham.

NJ of course, being that which is designated according to the following map.

New_Jersey_map.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: khiddy