PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Forest Piper

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
Colorado, USA
Hi friends I'm new here and a newish pipe smoker. A friend of mine gave me a basket pipe for my birthday a couple years ago. My sweet wife hates it. HATES IT. Now I'd call myself a hobbyist, smoking it at best once or twice a month. I'm smoking light stuff. Sutliff Christmas Spice, Autumn Evening, J1 Burley. I've restored a few estate pipes and enjoyed that a ton. I have an early 70's Shalom pipe that I brought back to life and love as well as a Barling Londoner. This winter I started making my own corn cob pipes which I've enjoyed immensely. I also made my first briar pipe this month (haven't smoked it...so much work).

Daniel

Last edited:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Daniel. I also started with a basket pipe that was a gift for my birthday a couple of years ago. How about a couple of photos of your work?

Black Forest Piper

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
Colorado, USA
Welcome from the Springs! If we ever get allowed to leave home again, you should check out Stag Tobacconist in Colorado Springs.
Been there. We are lucky to have that place. It's classy. And I love that I can pay to fill my pipe for a try without having to buy the whole bunch. That place is great.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Welcome from Minnesota. I spent some time in Larkspur, CO earlier this month. Beautiful part of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.