PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Welcome brother! It's great to have you, and happy to hear that you have found enjoyment in the pipe and leaf.

Dec 12, 2022
Sint-Truiden, Belgium
Thanks for introduction, and welcome from Finland,
Ps, I'd suggest you find some traditional Belgian Tabacs de Semois and try them out, they are still producing few brands of this specialty in Belgium,

Yeah, I know, they are one of a kind. I have the Florina, Le Bouquet de Florina - Vieux Semois in my rotation right now. I have been fond of the cigars for a long time and was quite happy to find out that they are mainly produced for pipe tobacco now. They are however quite a tricky smoke: they tend to go hot on you very quickly and have a strong nic hit, but the taste - if you manage to smoke them cool - is incomparable. The deep cigary hazelnut, forest floor and tonka bean / melasses aroma is absolutely delicious. And, even better: no sweetness at all! I like to hydrate them a bit and only smoke them in my thick walled pipes on cold winter nights with a glass of stout. They deserve to be better known.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

@TheIronMonkey: I can see you get why my nickname is BelgianGourmand. So many good things for the foodies to be found here. Try to find an occasion to visit Belgium again and make sure you discover the Semois tobaccos!

• Love
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@TheIronMonkey: I can see you get why my nickname is BelgianGourmand. So many good things for the foodies to be found here. Try to find an occasion to visit Belgium again and make sure you discover the Semois tobaccos!

Yes, I do! I hope to make it back someday. I actually have a box of Vincent MANIL XXL Cut waiting to be opened.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Yeah, I know, they are one of a kind. I have the Florina, Le Bouquet de Florina - Vieux Semois in my rotation right now. I have been fond of the cigars for a long time and was quite happy to find out that they are mainly produced for pipe tobacco now. They are however quite a tricky smoke: they tend to go hot on you very quickly and have a strong nic hit, but the taste - if you manage to smoke them cool - is incomparable. The deep cigary hazelnut, forest floor and tonka bean / melasses aroma is absolutely delicious. And, even better: no sweetness at all! I like to hydrate them a bit and only smoke them in my thick walled pipes on cold winter nights with a glass of stout. They deserve to be better known.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

This>Tabac de martin.png

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
The wife and I have some lifelong friends there. We have visited many times. Although I rate Belgian beers pretty low, everything else is top shelf IMHO from the foodie/beverage standpoint - LOL. Glad you found the forum. A great place!

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
Welcome from Maryland. My father visited Bastone Belgium in Christmas in 1944 with the 101 Airborn. He said if it wasn't for the war Belgium was a beautiful country with great people.