PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrat1985

Lurker
Nov 16, 2020
Hi all,

Been pipe smoking for the last 5 years on and off, to be honest have struggled with briars seems that get on best at the moment cob pipes. This is probably due to lack of experience. Live in France but UK nationality, I am very interested in getting to know more blends I enjoy light aromatics and straight Virginia tobaccos had some cavendish blends no latakia or Orientals as yet.

Bit annoying here in France seems you cant buy tobacco online so it makes it hard to get into the more interesting types of tobacco only get what the shop stocks so if anyone knows any decent tobacconists in north eastern France Lorraine Alsace that would be great to.

Cheers all

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Hi all,

Been pipe smoking for the last 5 years on and off, to be honest have struggled with briars seems that get on best at the moment cob pipes. This is probably due to lack of experience. Live in France but UK nationality, I am very interested in getting to know more blends I enjoy light aromatics and straight Virginia tobaccos had some cavendish blends no latakia or Orientals as yet.

Bit annoying here in France seems you cant buy tobacco online so it makes it hard to get into the more interesting types of tobacco only get what the shop stocks so if anyone knows any decent tobacconists in north eastern France Lorraine Alsace that would be great to.

Cheers all
La Civette.Located in Paris and Brest.I believe other cities,as well.

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, cobs are good. The corncob pipe industry in the U.S., in the town of Washington near St. Louis, Missouri, was started by a Dutch immigrant in 1869. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S.

cstrat1985

Lurker
Nov 16, 2020
Thanks for the warm welcome guys from all over the world, and thanks for the couple of tips of local tobacconists. Did attempt a bowl with my Peterson 303 yesterday after watching a youtube video on different ways of packing the standard system pipes. Did help a bit however still not quite as rewarding as my cobs but I will keep on trying to improve. Don't think it helps built for 9mm filter however so the draw is quite loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.