PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I have an unopened tin of that. My stash is getting rare just in the course of time.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I think 2017 was the last year of Vintage Syrian. It’s out of the retailers, you have to find tins on the secondary market.

Reactions: dmcmtk

atomic

Might Stick Around
Nov 27, 2019
Orange County, CA
It has been discontinued due to the lack of the availability Syrian latakia, according to my understanding. I loved the stuff but have lost the appeal of latakia. Unfortunately I sold my many tins. I still have two though along with a good sized cellar of mostly GLP latakia blends and 10 or so tins of Dunhill London Mixture if anyone wants to PM me. I was trying to reach my 100th post to list some but I've been way to busy to keep up on threads.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
HH Vintage Latakia was the replacement blend for HH Vintage Syrian, using cyprian latakia in place of the syrian.

I am not sure why it is not showing in stock....good question.

Reactions: Casual and mingc

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
HH Vintage Latakia was the replacement blend for HH Vintage Syrian, using cyprian latakia in place of the syrian.

It may be disappearing altogether.

From pipestud:

"Is Cyprian Latakia in danger of going out of production? The short answer, unfortunately, is yes. In fact, there are reports out right now indicating that what we are now receiving from Cyprus is not the same Cyprian Latakia – for a variety of reasons – that was processed and exported even just a few years ago. I’ll cover the latest news that I have discovered regarding Cyprian Latakia, and whether it is also going the way of the Dodo bird in a future blog. I will say this for now; if you enjoy Latakia in your smokes, please make sure you are putting some in your cellar!"

-Steve

Reactions: Casual

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany

In Germany you can still get HH Vintage Latakia

For example ...

...and there are many more adresses.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Didn't HH Vintage Syrian get replaced with HH Balkan here in the states? Maybe HH Vintage Latakia is only for Europe?

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
"Is Cyprian Latakia in danger of going out of production? The short answer, unfortunately, is yes. In fact, there are reports out right now indicating that what we are now receiving from Cyprus is not the same Cyprian Latakia – for a variety of reasons – that was processed and exported even just a few years ago. I’ll cover the latest news that I have discovered regarding Cyprian Latakia, and whether it is also going the way of the Dodo bird in a future blog. I will say this for now; if you enjoy Latakia in your smokes, please make sure you are putting some in your cellar!"

Wow. I missed this from pipestud!

Early in my cellaring days I was a latakia fiend and stocked up heavily on blends with both Syrian and Cyprian. I felt like a prophet when Syrian went off the market and a fool with the Cyprian, but alas perhaps both buys were good decisions. Lol.

Increasingly I am finding that there are no bad decisions when it comes to tobacco purchases. Buy now or suffer for it tomorrow.

Reactions: NomadOrb and Casual

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
Here in Italy HH Vintage Latakia (not Syrian) is available everywhere in pouch and I often buy it, because it's one of my favourite english / balkans

Reactions: leonidas
Status
Not open for further replies.