PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Is it really that strong? Strongest I have tasted is Gawith Hoggarth & Co Dark Flake Unscented- which I can tolerate for about 50-55 mins.

PS - Other tobacco which I think is less strong than Dark Flake Unscented: (In no particular order)

1. War Horse Bar
2. Five Brothers
3. Bold Kentucky
4. Old Joe Krantz
5. Samuel Gawith Black XX Twist

In my opinion Rustica is a bit stronger than Dark Flake unscented. The difference is not big, though.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
This thread is making me want to open my tin. My friends thought I was a gross redneck because I smoked 4 packs of Marlboro reds a day to get my nicotine.
The main reason I love burley and Kentucky is the nicotine!

Reactions: newportpipe

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I really want to smoke Rustica, but I'm quit. I think I'm going to do it and pretend I didn't. Then I could also pretend that having broken abstinence I would not be off to the races, resuming the addiction.

Reactions: radrick96

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Bought 2 tins when it was released. I'll eventually get around to it but haven't made the commitment to open it yet. I've got too many other blends in line.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
You’re welcome, @cshubhra a ! I‘m pretty sure, you‘ll like it. By the way, I would not worry too much about this becoming unavailable. Tins in Europe have nothing written about limitation on them and it is still widely in stock here.

Reactions: cshubhra

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I can do one flake at a time, and only get mild effects depending on time of day and what I've consumed. I haven't thought about doing two flakes though.

Rustica is reserved for the small bowled pipes.

Reactions: burleyboy

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I really want to smoke Rustica, but I'm quit. I think I'm going to do it and pretend I didn't. Then I could also pretend that having broken abstinence I would not be off to the races, resuming the addiction.
I think as a long time DFU smoker, you’ll be underwhelmed. And tongue bitten. Same old same old Mac B “ooh this one has nicotine, really!” stuff.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Maybe. But my system hasn't experienced nicotine for over two years, except in tomato, potato, eggplant and green pepper, and none of them has gotten me lit. If I do decide to have a bowl I have 100g of DF and 2 tins of 2015 Escudo that I didn't sell.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Maybe. But my system hasn't experienced nicotine for over two years, except in tomato, potato, eggplant and green pepper, and none of them has gotten me lit. If I do decide to have a bowl I have 100g of DF and 2 tins of 2015 Escudo that I didn't sell.
And let me know if you want to experience the hype - I’ll send you a tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.