PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I was feeling a bit adventurous and thought I would try this. I’m a relatively novice English tobacco smoker. Though I have smoked aromatics for a long time on and off. I found my way into English tobaccos by the way of Squadron Leader SE with perique. That blew my socks off. I got some solid advice from folks here and some generous folks here sent me some
Stuff to try, and I discovered Nightcap! Wow, that stuff is amazing.
Then I figured why not try something a bit different.
I’m on my second bowl of this stuff now. I find it lacking in dimension compared to nightcap. But just as strong. But I like it less. I guess I enjoy Latakia from what I gather Del the above data point.
I’m going to give it a few more bowls, but I have a feeling this is not my blend, and I should go back to the path I was on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bowie and logs

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Smoke what you like, but never stop trying new things, and returning to blends you don’t currently enjoy every so often. Tastes change, palates evolve, and all energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
When I started I smoked a pouch or two of aromatics and did not get anything from them, then tried Nightcap and smoked it for a couple of years straight. Since then I've tried a few other English blends - all of which I liked - but nothing has knocked Nightcap off its throne. There's something about it that is just perfect.

I'll tell you something though, after trying Deluxe Navy Rolls and a few other VaPers I find I reach for them more often than the English blends, I find them more "friendly" due to the sweetness. You shoult also try SG Balkan flake, you'll get Latakia and you'll get sweetness. Just dry it to the point it feels like gravel, otherwise you won't have a good time with it!

Reactions: Zartoon

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
Smoke Balkan Supreme, you'll never want another one.

Try Sutliff's Elizabethan Match.

isnt the Elizabethan Match the copy of Dunhill Elizabethan? Is it better?

also, Balkan supreme seems to be out everywhere so I’ll need to wait till it comes in stock to try it.

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
Another thing about this tobacco. I am not a fan of the after taste. It just isn’t doing it for me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
isnt the Elizabethan Match the copy of Dunhill Elizabethan? Is it better?
Much better.

also, Balkan supreme seems to be out everywhere so I’ll need to wait till it comes in stock to try it.
Arango and Stokkebye are the same blend.

Reactions: Zartoon
Status
Not open for further replies.