PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltydog1

Lurker
Dec 2, 2022
Welcome and greetings from Finland-EU
hope your staying warm over their
Hello, I'm a fellow Alabamian, but these days I am split between NC and AL. If you haven't already, you should check out the Briary in Homewood. It's about the best old timey pipe shop in the US with a huge tobacco and high end pipe selection. I have yet to visit another pipe shop of its caliber.
I'm a long time vitamin n enthusiast but recently picked up the pipe the briary was a huge help starting out. they didn't look down their nose at towboat trash like me (unlike the cigar shops) they where truly welcoming

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
on the tom biggby?
That’s right. Seen some huge tug and barges go through some tight spots. Pretty amazing ship handling in a tricky environment I’m sure. Enjoy that pipe on deck…being a tug driver sounds like a lot of fun. How long are your runs usually?

saltydog1

Lurker
Dec 2, 2022
on the tom biggby?
That’s right. Seen some huge tug and barges go through some tight spots. Pretty amazing ship handling in a tricky environment I’m sure. Enjoy that pipe on deck…being a tug driver sounds like a lot of fun. How long are your runs usually

on the tom biggby?
That’s right. Seen some huge tug and barges go through some tight spots. Pretty amazing ship handling in a tricky environment I’m sure. Enjoy that pipe on deck…being a tug driver sounds like a lot of fun. How long are your runs usually?
iv been all over the tom biggby and black warrior I'm out 22days off 10 I'm not driving them yet still training they keep me running along the coast and out to Houston and up the Ohio nowdays

jraggreg56

Lurker
Feb 6, 2012
hope your staying warm over their

I'm a long time vitamin n enthusiast but recently picked up the pipe the briary was a huge help starting out. they didn't look down their nose at towboat trash like me (unlike the cigar shops) they where truly welcoming
In to the Briary last Friday and Skip ,Kay and Brandon have done a good job of bringing things back around. Out of the Esoterica that arrived earlier in the week but that is to be expected. Skip , at the ripe old age of 100 ,is dedicated to staying around and serving his customer base as best he can for a few days a week. I applaud him for hanging in there when he could have walked away.

Reactions: saltydog1

saltydog1

Lurker
Dec 2, 2022
In to the Briary last Friday and Skip ,Kay and Brandon have done a good job of bringing things back around. Out of the Esoterica that arrived earlier in the week but that is to be expected. Skip , at the ripe old age of 100 ,is dedicated to staying around and serving his customer base as best he can for a few days a week. I applaud him for hanging in there when he could have walked away.
I unfortunately haven't had the cance to meet him I hope to soon though I believe that they will be having get togethers every Saturday this month im going to try to make it once I get off the boat

Last edited: