PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes

Lurker
Dec 29, 2014
Just joined, but have been reading the forum for at least a week now.
I'm a new pipe smoker, and just poking around here has been a great learning experience, so I figured I'd join in on all the fun.
Nice to meet you all.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Welcome Mikes
You ended up in the right place! There is a lot of knowledge and experience to be found here. I know of learned a lot in the past couple of months.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Hello Mikes, so tell us what got ya into smoking a pipe? What tobaccos have you tried and liked or disliked?

Oh and welcome

mikes

Lurker
Dec 29, 2014
Well I was a cigarette smoker from a young age, and smoked heavilly for almost 15 years then quit, but I still find myself having a cigarette or two or three after I have a drink or two or three.
I smoke cigars every once in a while when I know I'm going to have an extended period of time to relax and reflect, but it isn't often.
I came to smoking a pipe really just through my own intuition. It seems to me to be the most natural, and enjoyable method of smoking, and in my short time as a pipe smoker I've already found this to be true.
When it comes to different tobaccos I have to say I'm a bit overwhelmed. I've tried a few blends on recommendation from my local tobacconist, and all have been great.
I'm about to delve into more specific territory though.
I must say it's all very exciting.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Welcome! I came to the pipe much like you, I did it as a way to quit cigarettes. I don't miss the cancer sticks at all and neither will you. This is a great group of guys (and a few gals), you will enjoy it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.