Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
Through our travels in Sweden, We did not find one shop in Ystad, a small news stand with poor selection in Umeå, and only one in Göteborg and Stockholm. No pipe sightings on the streets in any of those cities.
I live in a much smaller town than those you mention, but I've found a local tobaccoist who among other things at least sell Peterson's and Mac Baren blends. Poor selection of pipes though.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
I'm quite far south on the east coast, by the Baltic sea. One would think Skåne ought to have most pipesmokers per capita in Sweden due to the proximity to Denmark.

45 minutes drive is kinda rough; o' blessed online shopping.
Yes, one would think that being in Skåne, with its ease of travel to Denmark, there would be a spill-over of Danish influence. Even the Swedish spoken there sounds like it is influenced by Denmark.

Unfortunately, where we live, ordering tobacco, online, is prohibited.

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
Yes, one would think that being in Skåne, with its ease of travel to Denmark, there would be a spill-over of Danish influence. Even the Swedish spoken there sounds like it is influenced by Denmark.

Unfortunately, where we live, ordering tobacco, online, is prohibited.
From what I've been told the hardest Swedish accent for Danish people to understand is the ones spoken in Skåne.

What a bummer not being able to order tobacco online. Truth be told, I'm frankly surprised it isn't prohibited in Sweden too.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
From what I've been told the hardest Swedish accent for Danish people to understand is the ones spoken in Skåne.

What a bummer not being able to order tobacco online. Truth be told, I'm frankly surprised it isn't prohibited in Sweden too.
Very interesting. I would have thought the opposite!

I agree. I am surprised that regulations do not prohibit online sales in Sweden.

Reactions: Sirengatto

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Hej from southern Sweden (which is still pretty damn far north)!

The snow has just melted, some migratory birds are beginning to show their beaks around these parts, the gravel on the streets — use to prevent accidents by slipping on the tightly packed snow — has begun to be swept away be eager caretakers, and each day gets a little bit brighter. While I'm sitting in my armchair, smoking a nice pipe of ready rubbed burley and listening to the howling wind telling me spring is hurrying to get in shape for the coming efflorescense.

I've been using tobacco for most of my adult life. Mainly cigarettes, but from time to time substituted by snus. I quit smoking cigarettes about a year ago, but missed the taste of tobacco immensely and figured pipes would do the trick.

And here we are now ...
View attachment 69090

(I have a few more pipes in my other rack)
Greetings and welcome from the US (Texas),
kindly,
Mike

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hej from southern Sweden (which is still pretty damn far north)!

The snow has just melted, some migratory birds are beginning to show their beaks around these parts, the gravel on the streets — use to prevent accidents by slipping on the tightly packed snow — has begun to be swept away be eager caretakers, and each day gets a little bit brighter. While I'm sitting in my armchair, smoking a nice pipe of ready rubbed burley and listening to the howling wind telling me spring is hurrying to get in shape for the coming efflorescense.

I've been using tobacco for most of my adult life. Mainly cigarettes, but from time to time substituted by snus. I quit smoking cigarettes about a year ago, but missed the taste of tobacco immensely and figured pipes would do the trick.

And here we are now ...
View attachment 69090

(I have a few more pipes in my other rack)
quick question about snus do you guys have any los brands that aren't for sale online? Cause I hate those little pouches and don't understand why people find making a prilla too hard (takes like two seconds).

Reactions: Sirengatto

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
quick question about snus do you guys have any los brands that aren't for sale online? Cause I hate those little pouches and don't understand why people find making a prilla too hard (takes like two seconds).
Most brands of snus are as far as I know quite available online, at least in Sweden. There is however a big difference in taste between the more expensive versus the cheaper ones IMHO.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Most brands of snus are as far as I know quite available online, at least in Sweden. There is however a big difference in taste between the more expensive versus the cheaper ones IMHO.
there is but I find it isn't always comparable to the price increase. Though there is honestly more sameness between los snus flavor profiles then literally any other type of tobacco product. Snuscentral has most of the brands available online in the us. So if they are missing more then one or two brands of los then that's just one more reason I have to visit Sweden and yes it's a distant second to how wonderful the woman I've met from there are (oddly never met a Swedish man around here).

Sirengatto

Lurker
Feb 25, 2021
Sweden
there is but I find it isn't always comparable to the price increase. Though there is honestly more sameness between los snus flavor profiles then literally any other type of tobacco product. Snuscentral has most of the brands available online in the us. So if they are missing more then one or two brands of los then that's just one more reason I have to visit Sweden and yes it's a distant second to how wonderful the woman I've met from there are (oddly never met a Swedish man around here).
Swedish men are not allowed abroad ...

I did a quick ocular overview of the site and did find everyone of the brands and products I searched for. I understand that you're not into portion snus, but I recommend Lundgrens Skåne strong anyway. Great taste and rich flavor.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Swedish men are not allowed abroad ...

I did a quick ocular overview of the site and did find everyone of the brands and products I searched for. I understand that you're not into portion snus, but I recommend Lundgrens Skåne strong anyway. Great taste and rich flavor.
Yeah I hate portion snus. It can taste great but.. I need two pouches of most to get to the don't kill someone mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.