PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I'd talk to Wayne Teipen about it if I was you. He is already making a very similar style and without too much tweaking would really do justice to your idea.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Mr Teipen is interested in doing this commission. Details to follow or maybe not, lol. Thanks for all the advice and feedback. Looking forward to a great pipe!

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Mark Tinsky has one very close to your drawing for sale on his website. Reasonably priced too. I'm sure if it's not exactly what you want he'll make one to your precise specs. He's a pleasure to do business with
http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Unique-Bents/Unique-Bent-966.html

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
I was able to get started on peteguy's commission. This is the second attempt. The first encountered a flaw in the tobacco chamber and had to be chucked in the burn pile.
Here we have a rough idea and lines drawn for drilling:

IMG_0372-650x867.jpg

Stem fit and rough shaping done:

IMG_0374-650x867.jpg

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Has something happened to Wayne Teipen? I havent heard from him on a month. Does anyone know him and can check if he is OK?

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
That is a beautiful pipe! Since getting into smoking a pipe I have taken an interest in making pipes. I love woodworking! However this new FDA stuff has be confused and I'm not sure I could even sell them if I made them (You know, one day - once I'm good).

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
There are no FDA regulations on making pipes for your personal use. Then you can always trade them to other pipe smokers.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
@pappymac Oh, I know I could make them for myself. I had hoped at one point to have another nice hobby for when I retire lol.
Of course you could get around that FDA reg buy selling them as decorative items - not to be smoked - wink, wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.