Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Swampy16

Oct 12, 2020
This is my newest pipe. It’s a Henley (Stanwell) Blackpool from the late 50’s (from what I can find). I would think the stem is vulcanite and would just like to clean the stem with some isopropyl alcohol before I use it. Would that be an issue? I know not to touch the wood with it. Looks like it may have a had a slight resto done on it. I can’t see something that old being that nice but who knows. It’s not very large but when I saw it, it was a must have. Hoping she smokes as good as she looks.

Attachments

Reactions: dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
Will iso hurt the stem? No. Get a microfiber cloth, you can give the stem a good shine with it. Does the pipe have a shape number?

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

Swampy16

Oct 12, 2020
I’m very pleased with it but not sure how it’s gonna smoke. I read a little about them and it was all positive albeit not a lot of info, hoping someone here has some.

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with a Henley?
No, butif it's a Stanwell made pipe from ~ 1950's it should be an excellent smoker. Two other comments; it looks like a variation of a a Sixten Ivarsson designed shape (see shape 82), and I think you will find it's a very lightweight pipe.