PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
This site has changed a bit, all for the better I might add. But this morning I ran into a little problem. I am logged into Pipesmagazine, I read one of Greg Pease shorts on Fireside and wanted to leave a comment, but it's saying I must be logged in first. I scratch my bald head to try to figure out why, because I'm already logged in. Nevertheless, I attempt to log in again with my info for Pipesmagazine, but it didn't like my username and or password. Are the articles under another site host of some sort that I need to create a new account for? Thanks for the help
Monty

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
If I remember correctly, which is a rarity, only new members since the switch have two log ins, and the old members dont? Which isn't really helpful.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I'm an old member and I had to log in to comment on Pease's blog. I used the same login as I use for the forum and it worked.
Hmm, I tried using my login info that I have for the forum and it didn't work. Having said that, Kevin had to do something the other day in order for me to log into the forum since it had been so long. It's possible he'll need to help me out with this as well.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I was going to leave a comment on that same article the day it came out. Ran into the same issue as Monty. BUT! Just now, to try to troubleshoot, it seemed to require no PW to enter in the comment box. Another but: I didn't have anything to say, so I didn't press submit.

Good luck! If it works after a try or two, let us know!

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I thought the recent change was supposed to address that issue. I recall reading something about wordpress plugins and what not...

I occasionally get queried to login when moving between certain areas of the forum, articles or whatever, so I just do it and it tells me I'm already logged in... and click here to go back to whatever. Then I usually step away from the computer or set down whatever device I have and go do something productive...

Reactions: jpmcwjr

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This site has changed a bit, all for the better I might add. But this morning I ran into a little problem. I am logged into Pipesmagazine, I read one of Greg Pease shorts on Fireside and wanted to leave a comment, but it's saying I must be logged in first. I scratch my bald head to try to figure out why, because I'm already logged in. Nevertheless, I attempt to log in again with my info for Pipesmagazine, but it didn't like my username and or password. Are the articles under another site host of some sort that I need to create a new account for? Thanks for the help
Monty

Monty,

I just sent you a password reset.

We recently separated the forums from the rest of the site as it was a backend fiasco when running updates. (Very long story, very short.)

Old accounts maintained the same login, albeit two separate logins.

When you contacted me on Sunday to change your email and password, which I did in the forums and got you logged in, I didn't think about doing it on the WordPress side with the articles.

I saw you got locked out by the security system for too many failed logins yesterday.

I unlocked your account, and sent a password reset, but still didn't realize that your old email was still in that side of the site.

I have now updated your email and sent a new password reset email.

Phew!

Yours truly,
Kevin
PipesMagazine Customer Service

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Monty,

I just sent you a password reset.

We recently separated the forums from the rest of the site as it was a backend fiasco when running updates. (Very long story, very short.)

Old accounts maintained the same login, albeit two separate logins.

When you contacted me on Sunday to change your email and password, which I did in the forums and got you logged in, I didn't think about doing it on the WordPress side with the articles.

I saw you got locked out by the security system for too many failed logins yesterday.

I unlocked your account, and sent a password reset, but still didn't realize that your old email was still in that side of the site.

I have now updated your email and sent a new password reset email.

Phew!

Yours truly,
Kevin
PipesMagazine Customer Service
Thank you so much Kevin! I reset my password and I'm able to comment on the WordPress side. You da man!

Status
Not open for further replies.