PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

65chevy

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Was out today at a local High School Flea Market, guy had a box of old pipes $2.99 or 2 for $4.99.

I always like an old pipe to work on, looking them over and walked away with three and just the bowl of one. the bowl was marked Savinelli and had the logo Shield with the S and back to back pipes on top. a large bowl never seen one like it, and a Willard pipe. Vanroy part of the DrGorbow and Brewster marked Italy the savinelli is the one got me? any help

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks like a Savinelli 114 or 127 billiard. Think they take 6mm filters, though I never use them in my Savs. Really good smokers though!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'could have some fills, I can't really tell, but I bet it cleans up nicely and smokes well. Most Savs

age nicely; I can say that because I have two that are over thirty years old that I bought new. They

were unfinished when new and have aged to a golden brown that polishes up nicely. They are real

pipe smokers' pipes. Unpretentious unless people know what they're looking at, then rather impressive

in a quiet way. My local independent B&M retailer speaks of them with serious respect, even before I

remind him, I bought them from him. Back in the seventies.

Status
Not open for further replies.