PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I just got this rather unusual pipe in the mail today, a recent eBay purchase. I’ve checked pipedia and smokingmetal but the closest (but not that close) was unknown.
It’s a push stem design, vulcanite stem, pretty standard, milled aluminium shank and the most remarkable point, the twin “gunk” chambers. The airway in the bottom of the bowl sits over the chamber closest to the stem, so the forward one is for circulation I assume.
It’s barely been smoked, it’s certainly not reamed and I’ve put three bowls through it already and it’s a lovely little smoker.
I’m wondering if it’s a prototype of some kind perhaps. If so it’ll probably never be identified but if anyone out there has any ideas I would very much appreciated it. Thanks for checking it out. image.jpgimage.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
It’s amazing how creative/inventive people are when it comes to complicating a mouse trap.

I know but I love those kooky designs that never quite made it. Makes you realise what a solid brand Falcon are, to keep not only the system but the same Art Deco design through decades that saw enormous change. Not only in design but materials too. This one is really pretty straightforward apart from the chambers, and relatively normal compared to some of stuff out there.