Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
So I managed to somehow split the reed stem on my (fairly new) Virginia Planter cob pipe from Missouri Meerschaum/Old Dominion. Does anyone know of a replacement stem source?
IMG_8642.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Such is the fate of reed unfortunately. If you feel like being crafty you could try and fashion yourself a DIY nording compass style metal stem with some stainless steel tubing.

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Quick update: I emailed Missouri Meerschaum yesterday and they just let me know they're sending a replacement bamboo stem. They also wrote, "Since we do custom fit the stems to the bowl, you may have to do a little modifying to get it to fit properly. We use a white glue similar to Elmer’s glue to assemble our pipes, so just a dab or white glue should hold the new stem in the bowl. Hopefully this one will last much longer."

Good customer service for the win!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Quick update: I emailed Missouri Meerschaum yesterday and they just let me know they're sending a replacement bamboo stem. They also wrote, "Since we do custom fit the stems to the bowl, you may have to do a little modifying to get it to fit properly. We use a white glue similar to Elmer’s glue to assemble our pipes, so just a dab or white glue should hold the new stem in the bowl. Hopefully this one will last much longer."

Good customer service for the win!
Nice! Show us the results when you're done.