PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Morning all, So ended up with a Carey Magic Inch in a lot of pipes I picked up. Never had one before so did the research, so I understand the basic concept behind them now. The issue I am having is that the ring that the stem fits onto was covered in what I assume was clear nail polish. So I cleaned it off and now the stem is loose. It turns far too easily. Since this is a pipe I plan on selling I would like to fix the issue with out nail polish. If it was a normal tenon I could heat it up to make a tighter fit, but that is not a option on this. So any ideas out there.

20181028_094133-600x450.jpg

20181028_094242-600x450.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've only owned one of those that I eventually got rid of. Gave away. The vent slots supposedly cool the smoke, but I think most people end up covering them up, if they keep the pipe at all. So decide if you want to try to maintain the vent slots or just bind up the airway. Frankly, I don't think this merits the effort, for what this pipe would bring on re-sale, but that's up to you. To me, it's just a bad concept meant to sell pipes, not to provide good smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.