PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brig

Lurker
Jun 23, 2024
New England
Trying to expand my arsenal.

I typically smoke my budget Mr. Brog 21 when around the yard doing yardwork. I like it because it clamps well and the bent stem helps keep clear of my face so I can focus on what I'm working on. The only problem is it can get a bit heavy hanging from the teeth for an extended period because of the size, so I'm looking to find a smaller/lighter pipe that can hang comfortably for an extended period of time. Think the bent stem is still best for this purpose. Open to different materials.

Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome!

Reactions: Joe H

Joe H

Might Stick Around
May 22, 2024
Alaska
If you run an internet search for "tobacco sport pipe" or "opera pipe" you will be surprised how many different and reasonably priced short pipes are being made these days. I really like a 5 1/2" pipe when I'm out in the yard doing work. Good luck on your search.

Reactions: kcghost and Brig

Brig

Lurker
Jun 23, 2024
New England
I think a wonderful pipe is a handmade Julius Vesz Raindrop that would fill the bill nicely. A little pricey but what a smoke and it won't send smoke up into your face like a nose warmer will.
The more I look at it the more I like, but it seems they are tough to find and at that price, I'd be afraid to damage it running around the yard. But, I might have to pick one up for lounging around with

Reactions: jbfrady and kcghost