PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That's why I don't have a dog. I hate to go to the doctor's myself, and I have to and they keep tagging me regularly for fees and medications...I've had and raised a LOT of various animals...heck I used to spend more on animal feed than I did for the family. Of course we ate some of them.

Medical bills, whether they be Vet or human, are just freaking out of control.

I always get along with other people's pets, now and surely would love to keep a dog, but common sense frugality steers me away from such a 'leap'.

I hope they figure out an antidote right away so your dog doesn't suffer more than already.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Could you post the story of your situation on this thread for those of us who do not support facebook? From what I understand, The whole thing was caused from the place where you kept her kenneled, therefore, they should be responsible for the cost of her recovery. I would call other vets in your area and ask their opinion, and seek medical treatment from another source.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Yes go fund me is very safe. Long story is I boarded Shadow at my vets office for a week. When I picked her up she would wine when you touched her back. The next day what looked like a ruffled spot on her fur that was leaking fluid. Almost looked like a bullet wound but was no whole. I took her back to vet who gave me some med. said it will clear up in a day or two. On the 3rd day Shadow would only cry and whine all the time. I took her back and the vet said I can shave that little spot and clean it. That little spot was 2/3 of her back. If anyone knows how to post pics on here please post my pic from go fund me page. I will try and do it as well. I want to thank everyone who has reached out to me and my family and for also sticking up for me as well when some on here seem to be heartless. I will post pics soon. Thank you and God bless.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Here's one of the pics ...
4743399_1432831743.3351.jpg

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thank you for posting. For some reason my photo bucket keeps kicking me off!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No problem ... hey did you see my questions up there? Concern and inquiring minds ...

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Who is treating your dog now and what is the diagnosis and prognosis? Is it still spreading? What does the vet who boarded her say? They ARE responsible for her treatment, no matter where you choose to have her treated. Be sure to document everything and...talk with a lawyer.
Could also be a bacterial skin infection...

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Treatment is another type of anti-biotic. We are treating her at home and it is not spreading. They do not know what it is from. The vets just want it to dry up cause now she is just to fidgety to have them trying to take samples from her and stuff. It looks better. I am so greatful to everyone. Your thoughts and prayers are great. Thank you.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
The vet thinks she might have had an allergic reaction to the shampoo they used before we picked her up. But they have never had that shampoo do that to any other dog before. They don't know if that's it or not.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Trying to use Imgur but only shows link not pic. You will have to click that to see picture.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I found out thanks to some great members! I want to thank you all I know it's a little picture heavy thank you for helping my family and I out in this matter. Please help me share my link. Thank you again and I will update you more.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Richard,
Shadow is a beautiful dog! I hope she is beginning to feel much better and her pain is greatly diminished. Take good care of her!

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thank you Johnnyreb. I will I can not thank you enough. I am truly for a loss of words. All I can say is thank you and I can't stop saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.