PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddryan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2017
@code
That's a beautiful pipe! Any ideas on the date and how old it is? Is it a discontinued model? I'm nervous about eBay estates because I am not proficient at all in cleaning and restoring pipes.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
They started making them recently, I believe. I haven't squinted at the hallmark, but it's there ;) They pop up periodically as estates, but new they'll run around $250.

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
@toddryan84

What pipe did you go with? I was also looking at the clontarf and wondered if you had gotten one. And that bent apple is just cool.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
$79 a SP, no gurgle and passes a cleaner.

002-029-33550.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm with Big Pond, find a Deluxe estate, they are often on Ebay and at prices less than $100. If you find one you like, feel free to PM me for advice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One take-home point on this thread, Peterson prices have risen more steadily than most. There's a demand and Peterson has responded, supply and demand. They stay within reach of the moderate-price pipe buyer, but prices go up yearly, it seems.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Mso489:Yes thats for sure,Peterson prices are up unlike some French make which offer the same or superior quality as any medium range Peterson. I like Petersons Yes I do, but this is solely based on my experience and contemplations.Recently I've gotten a stunning natural finish Genod-Viou for $80, and tell you what,to my great surprice in every aspect(drill,airflow-bowl finishing)this pipe has top notch finishing the craftsman paid attention to details,Id say this Genod was even better than my $100 Blakemar Lightbruyer

Status
Not open for further replies.