PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
My main thought is no. But, it was the first pipe I bought 15 years ago, so I wanted to give her a shot before I deemed her dead, so I thought I would ask the experts..... (Hopefully the picture below will post, if not it's in my album)
img_20171206_210613633-600x337%20(1).jpg

Hey, a Briary pipe! Cool! I'd be curious of the year it was made. I assume by "Auburn Fan" that you're in this neck of the woods. You should come to our Magic City Pipe Club meeting this Monday at The Briary.

I can't help you with the pipe, but if anyone knows, Georged would be the guy to know. By some of the posts that I've seen of his work, he seems to be a miracle worker of sorts.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Steve from Reborn Pipes is a master of fixing the unfixable. He has a steel inner tube method for this kind of repair.
https://rebornpipes.com/

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Michael, thanks. I'm in Charlotte now. I bought this pipe when the moved to the house that they are at now, from Brookwood mall. That was about 15 years ago. It was my first pipe and sadly met the concrete when putting it on the shelf.
I did visit during Thanksgiving and bought a cool estate sasieni from them that I love.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
My first thought was reborn, but, honestly didn't think it had a shot. I'll send to him if you guys think it's possible

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
After looking at georged link , makes me think any and all pipes are salvageable . Impressive. please post pics if you end up getting this pipe fixed, that would be one incredible save.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Nearly anything can be fixed. Please do post pics of the repaired pipe though. That one doesn't look too difficult.
I am looking for a pipe to experiment on though. I want a broken bowl to fix.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I can be done, but the pipe will be an ornamental piece. The guys around here may know more than I, but whenever I used glue on any pipe, the taste became way off.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I can be done, but the pipe will be an ornamental piece.
Not if it's done correctly.
When it is, the pipe is as good as new (smooths will always show a hairline, though).

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
georged do you mean if it is done correctly by a professional, or is there a way you can do this yourself?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
George is a professional, so, yes, he could do so. But I imagine the hours it'd take would be many, and the cost high. And as he points out, with a smooth, there'd always be a visible line.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
georged do you mean if it is done correctly by a professional, or is there a way you can do this yourself?
The procedure is straightforward enough that someone who used their hands for small tasks frequently (like model making or jewelry, maybe) would have a high chance of success if the procedure was explained to them in steps. It's highly unlikely that anyone but a specialized repairman would have the necessary tools & materials on hand, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.