PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hey everyone I haven’t been on the forums for a while. How’s everybody doing ? Since the last time I was here I see the layout has changed but I’m still seeing some familiar names.
It’s been such a crazy year and yet there is still some things that haven’t changed...a hot coffee and bowl of my favorite leaf.
Good to be chatting again boys
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Definitely one of the craziest years I've seen in a while. In all honesty, no matter how crazy it might be, I'll still be smoking one of my pipes that's for sure. Looking at your avatar, the popeye intro song, running in my head, haha, I watched Popeye all the time growing up. I think it was on tv early in the morning and around 4 o'clock after school if I remember rightpuffy

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hey everyone I haven’t been on the forums for a while. How’s everybody doing ? Since the last time I was here I see the layout has changed but I’m still seeing some familiar names.
It’s been such a crazy year and yet there is still some things that haven’t changed...a hot coffee and bowl of my favorite leaf.
Good to be chatting again boys
Cheers
Oops sorry about that. It’s been a while
Thanks for the reminder

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
So what have I missed ? The last time I posted we were all worried about the tobacco apocalypse. I began growing my cellar and buying up as much Latakia and Gawith I could get my hands on.
Ditched my PAD and started my TAD.
Lol
Have things gotten worse ?
It seems smoking pipes doesn’t have the variety it once did.
I’m glad I bulked up on my Frigate as well

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Definitely one of the craziest years I've seen in a while. In all honesty, no matter how crazy it might be, I'll still be smoking one of my pipes that's for sure. Looking at your avatar, the popeye intro song, running in my head, haha, I watched Popeye all the time growing up. I think it was on tv early in the morning and around 4 o'clock after school if I remember rightpuffy
Welcome back! I took a long hiatus myself. Good to see you on here again.
Good to be back brother

Reactions: smknron

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Have things gotten worse ?
It seems smoking pipes doesn’t have the variety it once did.
I’m glad I bulked up on my Frigate as well
Well, yes.

D&R is basically out - they dropped tons and tons of their titles - like Picayune - from their offerings; citing rising costs of growing certain tobaccos. ?

Nat Sherman's is out - pipe tabaks, cigars, cigaettes, cigarellos, cigarettellos, the whole schmear - history. :mad:

Dunhill is out; though Peterson has been bringing back their titles at an acceptable clip; but still waiting for DurBar to reappear. :(

Lot's of weird legislation being bandied and battled about - mostly originating out of California; though I just read in Tobacco Business magazine, where a Florida representative is looking to also jump on the anti-tobacco nonsense bandwagon. ?

Total weirdness coming out of Middleton/Altria/Philip Morris regarding Prince Albert 14oz tubs - which all the big boy distributors have been out of since mid-November 2020 ; and now Carter Hall 14 oz tubs are out-of-stock most places too; and according to the Middleton rep, neither of those 14 oz tubs will be shipping to California in the future. ?‍♂️

Russ Ouellette has been MIA from the forum here for quite some time now; which really hurts us; especially with so much up in the air with the pipe tobacco industry these days.?‍♂️

Glad you asked? - Sherm Natman

Reactions: morior8

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Well, yes.

D&R is basically out - they dropped tons and tons of their titles - like Picayune - from their offerings; citing rising costs of growing certain tobaccos. ?

Nat Sherman's is out - pipe tabaks, cigars, cigaettes, cigarellos, cigarettellos, the whole schmear - history. :mad:

Dunhill is out; though Peterson has been bringing back their titles at an acceptable clip; but still waiting for DurBar to reappear. :(

Lot's of weird legislation being bandied and battled about - mostly originating out of California; though I just read in Tobacco Business magazine, where a Florida representative is looking to also jump on the anti-tobacco nonsense bandwagon. ?

Total weirdness coming out of Middleton/Altria/Philip Morris regarding Prince Albert 14oz tubs - which all the big boy distributors have been out of since mid-November 2020 ; and now Carter Hall 14 oz tubs are out-of-stock most places too; and according to the Middleton rep, neither of those 14 oz tubs will be shipping to California in the future. ?‍♂️

Russ Ouellette has been MIA from the forum here for quite some time now; which really hurts us; especially with so much up in the air with the pipe tobacco industry these days.?‍♂️

I probably jumped back on the bandwagon a little late in the game but I'll be stocking up my cellar as best I can. Keeping an eye on these legislations and the like. A lot of local shops in my area in Colorado have severely cut back on anything other than cigarettes and cigars. Kinda sad to see and I'll never get to try a lot of good old stuff more than likely unless I hit some sort of trade sale or something. But at least there's still a decent variety out there.

• Sad
Reactions: shermnatman

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Well, yes.

Wow !!
I don’t like where this is headed
It’s a real shame.